This marks the first in a new initiative developed by Screen Training Ireland to enhance the skills of trainers, with an initial drive focusing on of industry-standard software and processes for animation and VFX.
Mario Bortas of Boulder Media mentors the first two-day course, at the Guinness Enterprise Centre starting Friday, February 10th with a deadline for applications of Wednesday, January 25th.
Bortas has worked as a 3D Generalist, Motion Graphics Designer and VFX Artist with leading studios such as ReelGood, Brown Bag Films, Screen Scene, MagPie6Media and Boulder Media.
Lecturers, trainers, programme managers and educators working in Higher Education, Further Education or training, and involved in training/teaching for animation, VFX, games, film and media are encouraged to apply.
Although participants should have some basic knowledge of After Effects, subject to demand, an introductory course may be offered for those who are new to the software.
This course will introduce the main tools and techniques that will allow participants to develop professional VFX and dynamic motion graphics for film, animation and broadcast.
- The workflow and the integration of After Effects with other applications
- Creating a Basic Animation of layers, text and masks
- Using effects and presets
- Tools you need for creating stunning visual effects (creating mattes, removing objects from a scene, rotoscoping and keying techniques and the difference between green and blue screen..etc)
- Rendering and outputting (the right format for you when exporting directly form After Effects)
- Upcoming programmes as part of the Train the Trainer (Animation/VFX) initiative include Nuke, Maya, Pipeline and Workflow, and Toon Boom Harmony
Visit Screen Training Ireland Online to Apply Now