| Boulder Media
| Lead Texture Artist
| Dublin 2
| Marianne McSharry
| 14 Hawkins St, Dublin 2
| March 22nd 2017
| marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
|«Back To Jobs
Boulder Media requires a Lead Texture Artist
Role: Lead Texture Artist
Reporting to: Art Director
Summary of the Role
The Lead Texture Artist will be responsible for creating textures for digital assets on Boulder Media’s 3D feature production.
- Creating textures for digital assets using the supplied reference material and/or concept artwork.
- Working closely with the CG Supervisor, Art Director and Lead Modeller to establish the texturing pipeline for the show.
- Giving direction and technical guidance to texturing team to maintain the required standard of work.
- Working closely with the modelling team to ensure UVs are positioned and scaled efficiently.
- Providing constructive feedback to the texturing team to enable them to move forward with their work.
- Working with lighters and shader artists to resolve technical issues and ensure assets are optimised for render.
- Assisting in assessment of advanced and new product training for existing staff.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- 3-5 years CG experience, ideally within feature films
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of the techniques required to generate texture images using a combination of photographs and digital painting.
- Excellent Photoshop and 3D Painting skills and a good understanding of 3d sculpture and paint packages.
- Previous experience creating textures for organic and hard surface digital models.
- Strong understanding of image colour space relating to texture painting.
- Excellent Maya skills
The ideal candidate will be/have
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to the email provided remembering to put “Lead Texture Artist – 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply Now / Email: marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
Deadline: April 22nd 2017