The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) today (11.01.17) released its end-of-year infographic
, charting much of its activity over 2016.
Looking at four key areas: funding, licensing, complaints, sponsorship and sectoral development, in 2016, the BAI:
- Offered €16.7m in funding for 355 radio and TV projects across 55 broadcasters.
- Received 133 complaints relating to programming and advertisements broadcast on Irish radio and television.
- Allocated €406,000 to training and development initiatives and provided €130,000 in sponsorship to events and activities.
- Progressed the re-licensing of a range of commercial and community radio services and awarded 15 temporary radio licences.
- Issued almost 500 social media posts supporting and promoting the Irish broadcasting sector.
The infographic also sets out the BAI’s key objectives for 2017 – 2019, covering the areas of Diversity and Plurality; Audience Empowerment; Enhancing Innovation and Sectoral Sustainability; Achieving Excellence and Accountability, and Communicating and Influencing.
More details on these areas will be published in the coming weeks with the launch of the BAI’s new Strategy Statement 2017 – 2019.