The UK-based festival has been running for over twenty years, now not only showcasing the best of modern documentaries but interactive and VR projects in the Alternate Realities Programme, in addition to the Meet Market and Alternate Realities Market.
The final deadline to apply for the film strand and the Alternative Realities Programme exhibitions and summit outlined below is Thursday, February 23rd 2017.
Applications to the MeetMarket and Alternative Realities Market are due Thursday, March 16th. For the full-length official guidelines please see the respective links below.
Documentary projects from all filmmakers, whether established, debut or independent are encouraged to apply. Films must be completed after June 2016 and in picture lock at the time of submission.
- Short films (40 minutes duration or less including credits)
- Medium length films (41-59 minutes duration including credits)
- Feature films (films over 60 minutes)
Learn more about the Film Programme
Interactive and VR Submissions
The Alternate Realities Programme is designed to explore game changing forms of storytelling through experimenting with technology.
- Alternate Realities Exhibitions
- Alternate Realities Summit
- Alternate Realities Market
- Virtual Reality: Computer-generated simulation of a three-dimensional image or environment that can be interacted with in a seemingly real or physical way by a person using special electronic equipment
- Augmented Reality: A live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data
- Interactive: Cross-media and web/tablet based documentaries
- Game: Choice driven, factual based narrative games
- Live Performance: A performance presented to an audience, traditionally interdisciplinary
- Video Art: Art that involves the use of video and /or audio data and relies on moving imagery
Learn More about the Alternate Realities Programme
This is one of the largest documentary and factual markets and pitching forums, with over three hundred international broadcasters, funders, distributors and exhibitors in attendance.
Projects at any stage of development are open including pre-production and post-production are eligible.