Creative Europe Desk has a funding call to support European production companies interested in producing a television work which can be ‘one off’ or serialised. The projects may be a drama, animation or a creative TV documentary.
People who can benefit from this funding are Independent European production companies that are the majority producer of the work.
What does the funding support:
It supports the production of TV programmes involving the participation of at least three European broadcasters. Works can be ‘one-off’ or serialised and may include:
- Dramas (minimum 90 minutes duration), including sequels, second or third seasons.
- Animations (minimum 24 minutes duration).
- Creative TV documentaries (minimum 50 minutes duration).
What support is available:
An estimated €11.8m is available for this action.
· For drama and animation works, the financial contribution awarded may not exceed €500,000 or 12.5% of the total eligible costs, whichever is the lower.
· For co-produced TV drama series with an eligible production budget of at least €10m (consisting of at least 6 episodes each of a minimum length of 45 minutes) an amount of maximum €1,000,000, or 10% of the eligible costs, whichever is the lower, can be requested.
· For creative documentaries, the financial contribution awarded may not exceed €300,000 or 20% of the total eligible costs, whichever is the lower.
The Agency reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available.
Who can apply:
European independent audiovisual production companies that are the main producer of the work.
Specific eligibility criteria apply.
How are applications selected:
A set of eligibility, selection and award criteria is applied.
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of
· Relevance and European added value
· Quality of the content and activities
· Dissemination of project results
· Quality of the project team
Others criteria might be related to the country of origin (with preference given to countries with low production capacity), target audience and languages.
For details about the eligibility, selection, exclusion and award criteria please read carefully the Guideline section on the application information website.
The work must demonstrate the following:
- High creative value
- Cross-border potential
- Co-operation between operators from different countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme
- Increased co-production and circulation of high-profile European television drama series
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 30th May, 2017.
For more details about the funding and how to apply please visit the Creative Europe website link here.
- For more information please contact your Creative Europe desk (Creative Europe Desk Ireland website link)
- Contact EACEA
- If you encounter a technical problem in relation to the application process, please ensure that you contact the HelpDesk well in advance of the deadline for submission