This three-day seminar hosted by Screen Training Ireland begins Tuesday, January 24th with two creative modules followed by a pitching session on Wednesday, February 1st.
The deadline for applications has been extended to January 16th.
It is aimed at emerging talent in the Irish television sector and is designed to equip participants to devise cutting edge programming.
Creatives in companies will be enabled to define and revise better TV formats to today’s schedules, with a panel of tutors from a range of broadcasters and production backgrounds.
- Larry Bass, CEO & Founder, ShinAwiL
- Philip Kampf, Vision Productions
- Pam Relton, Media Trainer
- Grainne McAleer, Head of Lifestyle RTÉ
- Máire Ní Chonláin, Eagarthóir Coimisiúnaithe / Commissioning Editor, TG4
Training includes an intensive workshop with on the mechanics and structures of entertainment programming, also including a key focus on current trends and market awareness.
Participants will use the additional training day to pitch their ideas, with the first pitching round taking place with tutors, who will help refine pitches before a second round with commissioning editors.
Anatomy of a Format
- What makes a format?
- Case Study 1: Talent Entertainment Shows: X- Factor V The Voice
- Case Study 2: Gameshow – heightened emotional reactions.
- Case Study 3: Reality Formats
- “New Format, Old territory” – innovative approaches to Creativity
- Format Masterclass – The Hit
- Protecting Your IP
- “Your Format, Their Channel” – Shaping and selling formats for TV ‘The Commissioners Perspective’
- Shaping and selling formats for TV – The International Market
Visit Screen Training Ireland Online to Apply Now