This two-day course will take place in Dublin, starting Monday, January 23rd 2017 with tutors Karen Cummins and John O’Sullivan.
Cummins is a Health & Safety Consultant/Trainer of Chris Mee Group and O’Sullivan an Insurance Broker with Media Insurance.
The course is aimed at professionals of the film and television industry such as Production Managers and Coordinators, Line Producers, Location Managers, Assistant Directors, Heads of Departments and anyone who needs to acquire general information on health and safety at work.
Learning objectives will enable participants to understand general health and safety issues as well as their responsibilities and duties as agents of employers according to the Health and Safety Act 2005 as it relates to the film and television industry.
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulation 2007
- Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Duties of employees & Duties of employers
- Hierarchy of control, Accountability & Responsibility
- Importance of safety statements
- Understanding hazards and risks: What is a risk assessment?
- Legal Competency
- Role of PSDP & PSCSa
- The Role of and forms required by the HSA
- Reporting of Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences to the HSA
- Production Insurance
The course will also provide participants to address potential health and safety issues for all departments and casts, with workshops on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments.
The deadline for applications is Friday, January 6th 2017.
Visit Screen Training Ireland Online to Apply Now