| Boulder Media
| Lead FX Artist - 3D
| Dublin 2
| Marianne McSharry
| 14 Hawkins St, Dublin 2
| March 22nd 2017
| marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
|«Back To Jobs
Boulder Media requires a Lead FX Artist - 3D
Job title: Lead FX Artist
Reporting to: CG Supervisor
Summary of the Role
The position of Lead FX Artist requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software and its application of 3D effects such as Particles, fluids, Dynamic collisions and Fracturing.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
They will be creatively skilled as well as technically-minded. They should have a good working knowledge of effects design for animation as well as a solid technical grounding in Maya. They will be expected to contribute to the FX Pipeline.
- Establish key FX set-ups working closely with the Art Director/CG Supervisor to set the required look of the film
- Create re-usable FX Assets ensuring they adhere to FX pipeline and meet the Art Director’s visual requirements
- Work with the CG Supervisor and pipeline team to ensure the project’s FX pipeline is reliable and economical and is adhered to throughout production
- Provide regular progress updates to the Production Manager and CG supervisor on any technical/workflow bottlenecks within the FX schedule
- Supervise the quality control (both technically and visually) of the department
- Define, document and communicate standards and techniques for FX that maximises efficiency and ensures a consistent quality under the technical specifications of the project
- Provide leadership and support for the in-house team, both creatively and technically, to facilitate the completion of FX assignments on schedule
- Collaborate with the Pipeline team & CG Supervisor to make requests for studio pipeline tool enhancements
- Train Junior FX Artists on the project if needed
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working as a VFX artist in either TV or feature film work
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of FX in Maya and/or Houdini
Must have a good understanding of Maya Dynamics and particle systems
- Knowledge of other programs such as Realflow, Nuke X particles, Fume and After Effects
- Must have a good creative eye and a thorough understanding of light, colour, shading, and FX design
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in the finishing of FX in shots.
- Knowledge of Python (and/or Mel) is considered a bonus
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a bonus
- Experience in CG effects pipeline development
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple departments in a production environment
The idea candidate will be/have:
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to the email provided remembering to put “Lead FX Artist 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply Now / Email: marianne.mcsharry @ bouldermedia.tv
Deadline: April 22nd 2017