Northern Ireland Screen is currently accepting applications from NI resident writers who are new to feature film and long-form drama, without a writing credit on a produced project in either format.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday June 28th.
Producers and directors are not required at application stage, as this is a script development call. The scheme involves two major components, which are the writers room and individual project and writer development, taking place over eight months.
Up to four scripts will be chosen for development between August 2017 and April 2018. NI Screen are looking for:
- Compelling stories with a unique or fresh perspective
- Ambitious authored voices
- Stories with strong character journeys
- A range of art-house and commercial stories
- Feature film projects only
- Projects need not be limited by budget or genre
How to Apply
You can apply with a first draft of the feature script you wish to develop, or with a treatment/story outline for the feature script you wish to develop under the scheme.
Applying with a first draft of the script
- The first draft of the script you wish to develop
- A document containing: A logline, one paragraph synopsis of the story, one page story outline in Courier 12 point font
Applying with a story outline / treatment
- A sample of your feature or long-form drama screenwriting work
- A document containing: A logline, one paragraph synopsis of the story, a story outline/ treatment detailing the story of the screenplay you wish to write if selected for the New Writer Focus Scheme. The document should be no less than 2 pages and no more than 5 pages in Courier 12 point font
Click here to apply now