Screen Training Ireland part of Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is the national training and development resource specifically created for the Irish screen sectors. It was established in 1995 to provide continuing training and career development opportunities for professionals working in the screen sectors.
Screen Training Ireland is continually evaluating industry growth and change in terms of training needs, identifying future skills needs and ongoing professional development for a growing industry. All Screen Training Ireland courses are developed in direct and ongoing consultation with industry professionals across all disciplines, and tutors are top national and international industry practitioners working at the cutting edge of the industry.
The integrated model of training needs analysis, programme design and training delivery provides maximum benefit and value for money for industry skills enhancement.
Screen Training Ireland categorise skills needs in three core areas, Creativity and Creative Collaboration, Production & Technical Skills and Business & Enterprise. In addition Screen Training Ireland supports high level international training opportunities through the bursary scheme and through our support of programmes such as Guiding Lights, Inside Pictures, EAVE and ACE.
Screen Training Ireland offer training opportunities in the following areas:
- Business and enterprise training to enhance expertise in business management and strategy development;
- Masterclasses and specialised programmes to assist experienced professionals avail of advanced development opportunities;
- Programmes to meet long term development needs in the creative areas of Script, Directing and Producing;
- Short focused courses to meet updating, upgrading and transfer skills needs of professionals;
- Pathways to progression for technical professionals through traineeships and bridging programmes;
- International training and the Bursary Award scheme enabling experienced professionals to participate in training opportunities on the international circuit and where necessary design a development opportunity customised to meet their individual needs.
All Screen Training Ireland programmes are approved at Board Level and are evaluated and modified based on feedback from participants, tutors and the industry.Screen Training Ireland in co-operation with national and international industry partners delivers a wide range of training to the sector in enterprise and business development, creative IP development, and technical skills to creative and technical personnel.